-->

Friday, November 26, 2010

National Day of Listening (NDL)



Rosalind M., of AAGHSC's Mississippi Study Group, had reviewed Isabel Wilkerson's book, The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America's Great Migration, for the group at the November meeting.  This morning, at BookTV.org, I saw Isabel Wilkerson's name at the bottom of my TV screen.

Wilkerson and Michele Norris, former ABC news correspondent and author of The Grace of Silence, were discussing their new books at the 2010 Texas Book Festival.  Soon, their respective back stories came to a close and Norris mentioned National Day of Listening, the day after Thanksgiving.  A well known journalist, Norris teared up as she spoke of her father. 

With regret, she told the audience, "...my children will never hear my father's voice because I never recorded it."  As we spend time with family over the holiday weekend, remember NDL, a day to spend time with family members and video/tape record family stories for the future generations.  Click here for an Instructional Guide.

Question? Comment? Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment