"Educate a boy, and you educate an individual.
Educate a girl, and you educate a community."
—Greg Mortenson (Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace...)
What to to do when you don't know where your ancestor(s) lived.
Step 1: Review the following Community names.
- Cedar Grove
- Clear Spring
- Double Springs
- Hickory Grove
- Josey Creek
- Mhoon Farms
- New Light
- Patrick (aka Pat's Station)
- Pleasant Ridge
- Rocky Hill (aka Rock Hill)
- Sand Creek
- Sixteen Section
- Spring Hill
- Trim Cane
- Yes? Continue to Step 2.
- No? Continue to Step 2.
- Note ancestors "Community" and/or "Beat".
- Note all neighboring "Head of Household", by first and last names, one page before and after.
- Review Step 1 again.
- Yes? Continue to Step 3.
- No? Continue to Step 3.
- Review the map for "Community" names and locate your ancestor(s) community.
- Review that community for your ancestor(s) surname.
- Yes? Great! Now, locate a neighbor of your ancestor -- just to be sure!
- Note their Township & Range:
- e.g., Bingham Est[ates] is shown in "T.19 N" and between "R. 31 & 32".
- No? Did you locate a neighboring "Head of household", instead?
- Yes? Great! Try to locate another one -- just to be sure!
- Note their Township & Range
- No? Continue working your list of neighboring "Heads of Household".
- Eureka? Great! Try to locate another -- just to be sure!
- Notate their Township & Range, which should be the same.
- No? Send me an e-mail.