-->

Friday, March 12, 2010

Ancestry.com Webinars -- Membership Not Required

Everyday I learn something new is a good day and today was a very good day. I've been a member of Ancestry.com for the better part of three years and just attended my first two webinars. There's something for everyone and if you too aren't familiar with these webinars, just go to Ancestry.com>Learning Center>Webinars: Online Seminars.

Today, I watched a webinar entitled Avoid Traps in African American Genealogy. Tony Burroughs, author of Black Roots was the featured speaker. I've read Tony's book a couple of times and have plenty of post-it tabs throughout to prove it. None of what he said was new but it might as well have been.

As I now have a couple of years of experience under my belt, I can really appreciate his wisdom. After all, what is experience? Well, according to Oscar Wilde, "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." I'm determined that before I request anymore documents, I'm going to update and organize those that I already have. Tony, thanks for your insight!

Question?  Comment?  Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment