-->

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blogging?! Are You Serious?


In March 2007, I was introduced to the concept of blogging while at a genealogy computing workshop in Galesburg, Illinois. And then again, in October 2009, I attended a how-to-blog workshop at the International Black Genealogy Summit . Two months later, the little monster reared its ugly head again when my cousin asked to consider putting my thoughts to print.

She even offered to create the blog for me and all I had to do was write. I couldn't lose but I like a challenge and was determined to do this myself -- eventually. Finally, after being hit over the head one last time, by an article entitled "Blog Your Family History" in the April 2010 edition of Discovering Family History magazine, I got the hint!

So, what did I do? I went to my favorite online "university". After watching a couple of basic how-to tutorials, I had the beginnings of a Blogger blog. Since then, I've spruced it up thanks to 118 very short tutorials at citricguy's channel on YouTube.com. Bob Sommers, you rock!

And Chris, thank you for forcing me out of my element!

Question?  Comment?  Email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment